The Baltimore literary and religious magazine [electronic resource] / [conducted by Robert J. Breckinridge and Andrew B. Cross].
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Breckinridge's magazine
- [Baltimore, Md. : Printed for the conductors, by R.J. Matchett], 1835-1841.
1 online resource (7 v.)
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1835)-v. 7, nos. 11 & 12 (Nov. & Dec. 1841) = [whole no. 1] - whole nos. 83 & 84.
- Continued By:
- Spirit of the XIX. century
- Theology -- Periodicals.
- Literary periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Baltimore.
- Printers: Printed for the conductors by Matchett & Neilson, 1837-1838; Printed for the conductors by Richard J. Matchett, 1839; Printed by Richard J. Matchett, 1840-1841.
Title from caption.
This "thoroughly protestant" religious monthly devoted much space to the controversy between Protestants and Roman Catholics - its articles, sermons, speeches, and letters attempted to discredit Roman Catholic doctrines and practices. Other religious matters were dealt with as well, and poetry and anecdotes were included. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Breckinridge, Robert J. (Robert Jefferson), 1800-1871.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|