The New-mirror [electronic resource].
- Standardized Title:
- New-mirror (New York, N.Y. : 1844)
- Other Title:
- New mirror
Weekly new mirror
New mirror of literature and the fine arts April 6-April 27, 1844
New mirror May 4-
- New-York [N.Y.] : Published by Morris Willis & Co. 4 Ann St., 1844.
1 online resource : illustrations
Vol. 3, no. 1 (Apr. 6, 1844)-v. 3 , no. 26 (Sept. 28, 1844).
- New mirror
- Continued By:
- Weekly mirror (New York, N.Y.)
- Printed wrappers (Binding)
Color printing (Printing)
Binders' tickets (Binding)
Decorated papers (Binding)
Grained cloth (Binding)
Half bindings (Binding)
Gold tooled leather (Binding)
Fillet tools (Binding)
Gold stamped leather (Binding)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- Some wrappers printed in orange and black ink.
Editors: G.P. Morris & N.P. Willis.
has advertisement for the Mirror library on the cover.
Title from volume title page.
Issued also in monthly compilations with title: New mirror of literature and the fine arts; and Monthly new mirror.
Extra numbers were published with the New-mirror. They could be issued with the periodical or purchased separately or as a complete bound volume with spine title: Mirror library. Some individual issue have caption title: The New Mirror. (Extra) and some have caption title: The Mirror library. Many were issued without the caption title.
After Sept. 14, 1844 this periodical became a newspaper and changed its title to: Weekly mirror.
- Local notes:
- American Antiquarian Society Bindings Craig copy has some extras bound in Vol. 1. Has binders' ticket of Frances S. Monroe, Taunton, Mass.
American Antiquarian Society Craig Bindings Collection copy binder's ticket shows possible signs of tampering or other anomalies.
American Antiquarian Society PR copy lacks most extra numbers.
American Antiquarian Society PR F copy in original printed wrappers.
- Monroe, Francis Saltus, 1806-1878, binder.
Willis, Nathaniel Parker, 1806-1867, editor.
Morris, George Pope, 1802-1864, editor.
Morris, Willis, & Co., publisher.
Mark Craig Collection of Signed Bookbindings, associated name.
- Has Supplement:
- Mirror library (New York, N.Y.)
New Mirror. (Extra)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|