Scrinium Augustini : the world of Augustine's letters / edited by general editor: Przemyslaw Nehring ; associate editors: Mateusz Strozynski & Rafal Toczko.
- Turnhout, Belgium : Brepols, ©2017.
- Instrumenta patristica et mediaevalia ; 1379-9878 76.
Instrumenta patristica et mediaevalia, 1379-9878 ; 76
381 pages ; 24 cm
- Augustine, of Hippo, Saint, 354-430. Correspondence.
Theology -- History -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
- Asking for human mercy. Augustine's intercession with the men in power / Stanisław Adamiak
Family matters : Augustine's letters as a source for his views on marriage and family life / David G. Hunter
The unwritten letters of Augustine of Hippo / Sigrid Mratschek
Misbehaviour of clergy in the light of Augustine's letters / Przemysław Nehring
Neoplalonism in Augustine's letters / Mateusz Stróżyński
Debating through the letters vs. live discussions. the patterns of ars disputandi in Augustine's correspondence / Rafał Toczko
Letters and the city of God / Gillian Clark
Was innocent familiar with the content of the Pelagian controversy? a study of his answers to the letters sent by the African episcopacy / Mathijs Lamberigts
"What good are books?" knowledge and will in Augustine's letter to Firmus (Ep. 2)* / Elia Marinova
A sting in the tail? Augustine's send-off to Nebridius in Ep. 3 / Philip Polcar
Evodius' strange encounters with the dead : questions and answers in Augustine, Epp. 158-159 / Danuta Shanzer
From ivory tablets to honeybees : deciphering Augustine's letter to Romanianus (Ep. 15) / Angela Zielinski Kinney.
- "The articles in this book are reworked versions of conference papers presented at the symposium on Augustines correspondence which took place at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Poland) on 25-26 June 2015." --Page 13.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 345-368) and indexes.
- Nehring, Przemysław, 1967- editor.
Stróżyński, Mateusz, editor.
Toczko, Rafał, editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|