12th International Conference of Archaeological Prospection : 12th-16th september 2017, The University of Bradford / edited by Benjamin Jennings, Christopher Gaffney, Thomas Sparrow and Sue Gaffney.
- Other Title:
- 12th international conference of archaeological prospection
AP2017 : 12th international conference of archaeological prospection
Twelfth International Conference of Archaeological Prospection
- Oxford : Archaeopress Publishing Ltd,  , Â©2017
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Archaeological Prospection (12th : 2017 : University of Bradford), creator.
- Archaeopress archaeology.
vi, 280 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 29 cm.
- Geophysics in archaeology -- Congresses.
Prospecting -- Geophysical methods -- Congresses.
Aerial photography in archaeology -- Congresses.
- This volume is a product of the International Conference of Archaeological Prospection 2017 which was hosted by the School of Archaeological and Forensic Sciences at the University of Bradford. This event marked a return to the location of the inaugural conference of archaeological prospection which was held in Bradford in 1995. The conference is held every two years under the banner of the International Society for Archaeological Prospection. The Proceedings of 12th International Conference of Archaeological Prospection draws together over 100 papers addressing archaeological prospection techniques, methodologies and case studies from around the world. Including studies from over 30 countries distributed across Africa, North America, South America, Asia and Europe; the collection of articles covers a diverse range of research backgrounds and situations. At this particular ICAP meeting, specific consideration has been given to emerging techniques and technologies in the fields of inter-tidal and marine archaeological prospection, and low altitude archaeological prospection. The papers within this volume represent the conference themes of: Techniques and new technological developments; Applications and reconstructing landscapes and urban environments; Integration of techniques and inter-disciplinary studies, with focus on visualisation and interpretation; Marine, inter-tidal and wetland prospection techniques and applications; Low altitude prospection techniques and applications; Commercial archaeological prospection in the contemporary world.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Jennings, Benjamin, editor.
Gaffney, Christopher, editor.
Sparrow, Thomas, editor.
Gaffney, Sue, editor.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|