Beyond leadership : a relational approach to organizational theory in education / Scott Eacott.
- Singapore : Springer, 2018.
- Educational leadership theory; 2510-1781 1.
Educational leadership theory, 2510-1781 ; 1
xvi, 278 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Educational leadership.
- This book systematically elaborates Scott Eacott's "relational" approach to organizational theory in education. Contributing to the relational trend in the social sciences, it first surveys relational scholarship across disciplines before providing a nuanced articulation of the relational research program and key concepts such as organizing activity, auctors, and spatio-temporal conditions. It also includes critical commentaries on the program from key figures such as Tony Bush, Megan Crawford, Fenwick English, Helen Gunter, Izhar Oplatka, Augusto Riveros, and Dawn Wallin. As such, the text models an approach to, or social epistemology for building knowledge claims in relation rather than through parallel monologues. - Publisher Description
- The relational turn in contemporary thought and analysis. From "leading" to "organizing"
The relational turn in social sciences
Toward relations in educational administration theory
Relational extensions. Embedded and embodied auctors
The matter of context
Overcoming analytical dualism
Dialogue and debate. Advancing the intellectual development of the field
Relational leadership: new thinking or established ideas in "new clothes"
Relational goods, democracy, and the paradox of epistemic privilege
Educational administration and the relational approach: can we suffice contextual-based knowledge production?
Productive conversations from a feminist perspective
Thinking relationally about the "school leader"
Engaging with educational leadership relationally
Response to commentaries
Advancing educational administration relationally.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|