Handbook of liver disease [electronic resource] / [edited by] Lawrence S. Friedman, Paul Martin.
- Fourth edition.
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier, 
1 online resource (xxvi, 512 pages) : illustrations
- Liver -- Diseases -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Well-organized and vibrantly illustrated throughout, Handbook of Liver Disease is a comprehensive yet concise handbook providing authoritative guidance on key clinical issues in liver disease. The quick-reference outline format ensures that you'll find answers when you need them, and cover-to-cover updates keep you abreast of the recent rapid changes in the field. Written by leading international experts in hepatology, this reference is ideal for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, family practitioners, trainees, and others who diagnose and manage patients with liver disorders.
- Assessment of liver function and diagnostic studies
Acute liver failure
Hepatitis A and hepatitis E
Hepatitis B and hepatitis D
Hepatitis caused by other viruses
Alcoholic liver disease
Fatty liver and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
Drug-induced and toxic liver disease
Cirrhosis and portal hypertension
Portal hypertension and gastrointestinal bleeding
Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
Primary biliary cholangitis
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Wilson disease and related disorders
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and other metabolic liver diseases
Budd-Chiari syndrome and other vascular disorders
The liver in heart failure
The liver in pregnancy
The liver in systemic disease
Pediatric liver disease
Liver disease in the elderly
Hepatobiliary complications of HIV
Granulomatous liver disease
Hepatic abscesses and cysts
Other infections involving the liver
Surgery in the patient with liver disease and postoperative jaundice
Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis
Diseases of the bile ducts
Tumors of the biliary tract.
- Revised edition of: Handbook of liver disease / edited by Lawrence S. Friedman, Emmet B. Keeffe. 3rd ed. ©2012.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Friedman, Lawrence S. (Lawrence Samuel), 1953- editor.
Martin, Paul, M.D., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Handbook of liver disease.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|