National Kidney Foundation's primer on kidney diseases [electronic resource] / [edited by] Scott J. Gilbert, Daniel E. Weiner ; associate editors, Andrew Bomback, Mark A. Perazella, Marcello Tonelli.
- Other Title:
- Primer on kidney diseases
- Seventh edition.
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier ; [New York City, NY] : National Kidney Foundation, 
1 online resource (xv, 664 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Kidneys -- Diseases.
- Electronic books.
- "Ideal for residency, fellowship, clinical practice, and board review, the National Kidney Foundation's Primer on Kidney Diseases, 7th Edition, by Drs. Scott J. Gilbert and Daniel E. Weiner, offers comprehensive coverage of adult and pediatric kidney diseases in an authoritative, practical resource. Well organized and highly readable, it covers every relevant topic in the field, from anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, to diagnosis and management of kidney disease, to fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and renal transplantation"--Publisher's description.
- Structure and function of the kidney. Overview of kidney structure and function
Assessment of kidney function in acute and chronic settings
Urinalysis and urine microscopy
Hematuria and proteinuria
Imaging the kidneys
Acid/base and electrolytes. Hyponatremia and hypoosmolar disorders
Volume, edema and the clinical use of diuretics
Disorders of potassium metabolism
Disorders of calcium, phosphorus, & magnesium homeostasis
Approach to acid-base disorders
Respiratory acidosis and alkalosis
Glomerular diseases. Glomerular clinicopathologic syndromes
Minimal change nephrotic syndrome
Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
Immunoglobulin a nephropathy and related disorders
Kidney in systemic diseases. Complement-mediated glomerulonephritis and thrombotic microangiopathy
Viral nephropathies: human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis c virus, and hepatitis B virus
Kidney involvement in systemic vasculitis
Systemic lupus erythematosus and the kidney
Pathogenesis, pathophysiology, and treatment of diabetic nephropathy
The kidney in malignancy
Myeloma, amyloid and other dysproteinemias
Acute cardiorenal syndrome
Hepatorenal syndrome and other liver-related kidney diseases
Acute kidney injury. Clinical approach to the diagnosis of acute kidney injury
Acute tubular injury and acute tubular necrosis
Acute interstitial nephritis
Management of acute kidney injury
Drugs and the kidney. Kidney disease caused by therapeutic agents
Principles of drug therapy in patients with reduced kidney function
Hereditary kidney disease. Genetics and kidney disease (APOL1)
Genetically based renal transport disorders
Sickle cell nephropathy
Polycystic and other cystic kidney diseases
Nephronophthisis and medullary cystic kidney disease
Alport's syndrome and thin basement membrane Dz
Tubulointerstitial diseases. Chronic tubulointerstitial disease
Urinary tract infection and pyelonephritis
Special circumstances. Kidney diseases in infants and children
The kidney in pregnancy
Kidney disease in the elderly
Global kidney disease
Chronic kidney disease. Development and progression of chronic kidney disease
Staging and management of chronic kidney disease
Nutrition and kidney disease
Bone disorders in chronic kidney disease
Cardiac function and cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease
Anemia and other hematologic complications of chronic kidney disease
Dialysis and transplantation. Hemodialysis and hemofiltration
Outcome of end-stage renal disease therapies
Selection of prospective kidney transplant recipients and donors
Post-transplantation monitoring and outcomes
Transplant infectious disease
Hypertension. Pathogenesis of hypertension
Evaluation and management of hypertension
- Revised edition of: National Kidney Foundation's primer on kidney diseases / [edited by] Scott J. Gilbert [and others]. Sixth edition. 
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from electronic title page (ClinicalKey, viewed December 14, 2017).
- Gilbert, Scott J., editor.
Weiner, Daniel E., editor.
Bomback, Andrew S., editor.
Perazella, Mark A., editor.
Tonelli, Marcello, editor.
National Kidney Foundation, issuing body.
- Other format:
- Print version : National Kidney Foundation's primer on kidney diseases.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|