Criminal law reform and transitional justice [electronic resource] : human rights perspectives for Sudan / edited by Lutz Oette.
- Burlington, Vt. : Ashgate, c2011.
- International and comparative criminal justice.
International and comparative criminal justice
1 online resource (328 p.)
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- Sudan.
Law reform -- Sudan.
- Electronic books.
- This book examines the nature, policy aspects and interrelationship of Sudanese criminal law and law reform in the context of an uncertain transition from conflict to post-conflict society. In so doing, it situates current developments in Sudan in the broader debate of international human rights, rule of law and transitional justice. For the first time, Sudanese, national, regional and international experts and practitioners are brought together to share experiences, combining a range of legal and policy perspectives. It also considers what broader lessons can be drawn for reform initiatives i
- Law reform in times of peace processes and transitional justice : the Sudanese dimension / Lutz Oette
Criminal law reform and human rights in African and Muslim countries with particular reference to Sudan / Abdelsalam Hassan Abdelsalam and Amin M. Medani
A legacy of institutionalized repression : criminal law and justice in Sudan / Amin M. Medani
Challenging the ugly face of criminal laws in East Africa : repressive legislation and human rights in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania / Jamil Ddamulira Mujuzi
At the state's mercy : arrest, detention and trials under Sudanese law / Nabil Adib
Some reflections on law reform pertaining to arrested, detained and accused persons in South Africa / P.J. Schwikkard
The prosecution of international crimes under Sudan's criminal and military laws : developments, gaps and limitations / Mohamed Abdelsalam Babiker
The implementation of international criminal law in Arab states : the Jordanian experience / Ibrahim Aljazy
Lessons from a state of flux : the international justice laboratory of the Great Lakes Pact / Deirdre Clancy
Gendered justice : women and the application of penal laws in the Sudan / Asma Abdel Halim
Through the looking glass : the emergence, confused application and demise of Pakistan's Hudood rape laws / Sohail Akbar Warraich
Sexual violence and the law : comparative legislative experiences in selected Southern African countries / Rashida Manjoo, Gift Kweka and Suzzie Onyeka Ofuani
Future perspectives : debating criminal law reform and human rights in Sudan (kampala, 1-3 March 2010) / Lutz Oette.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Oette, Lutz.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|