Integrity and accountability in government [electronic resource] : homeland security and the inspector general / Carmen R. Apaza.
- Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2010.
- Homeland security series.
Homeland security series
1 online resource (182 p.)
- Administrative responsibility -- United States.
United States. Dept. of Homeland Security -- Auditing.
- Electronic books.
- The job of the Inspector General (IG) is crucial - to expose fraud, waste and abuse in federal agencies. Yet the existing literature on Inspectors General is scarce. This book addresses this lack by making a study of the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the significant contribution which those in the role have made to the efficient operation of the US government.
- Cover; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Foreword by David H. Rosenbloom; Preface; Acknowledgments; 1 Introduction; 2 The Study Question and Method; 3 The Inspector General Concept; 4 The Office of the Inspector General of DHS and its Work Context; 5 Data Analysis of the Activities of Federal OIGs and DHS OIGs; 6 Final Review of Findings and Elements to Consider When Evaluating IGs' Effectiveness; 7 Conclusion; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|