Mobile telecommunications in a high speed world [electronic resource] : industry structure, strategic behaviour and socio-economic impact / Peter Curwen, Jason Whalley.
- Farnham ; Burlington, VT : Gower, c2010.
1 online resource (275 p.)
- Cell phone services industry.
Wireless communication systems.
- Electronic books.
- Written by two of the world's foremost researchers on this industry, this book not only provides the outcomes of research detailing every licence and launch worldwide involving 3G, but discusses the structure of the industry and the strategic behaviour of operators, as well as the social consequences of the spread of 3G and higher speed technologies. The authors examine the role of new entry upon competition, and present analysis of the main operators involved, and the development of handsets, especially smartphones.
- Cover; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; List of Abbreviations; Preface; Acknowledgements; Chapter 1 High-Speed Data Transmission; Chapter 2 Spectrum Issues; Chapter 3 Licensing of High-Speed Data Networks; Chapter 4 High-Speed Data Network Launches; Chapter 5 Characterizing Data Services; Chapter 6 Issues in Mobile Industry Structure - Vendors; Chapter 7 The iPhone: A Case Study of Innovation in the Mobile Handset Market; Chapter 8 Microsoft, Google and Yahoo!: A Case Study in Internet Evolution; Chapter 9 The Role of 3G New Entrants in Promoting Competition
Chapter 10 Issues in Mobile Industry Structure - OperatorsChapter 11 Socio-Economic Impact; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Whalley, Jason.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|