The Soviet-Polish peace of 1921 and the creation of interwar Europe [electronic resource] / Jerzy Borzęcki.
- Other records:
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2008.
1 online resource (1 online resource (xv, 401 p.) ) ill., maps.
- Russo-Polish War, 1919-1920 -- Diplomatic history.
Russo-Polish War, 1919-1920 -- Territorial questions.
Poland -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union.
Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- Poland.
Europe -- Boundaries.
Europe -- Foreign relations -- 1918-1945.
Poland. Treaties, etc. -- Soviet Union, (1921 Mar. 18).
- Electronic books.
- The Soviet-Polish peace treaty of 1921, also known as the "Riga peace," ended the war of 1919-1920 and may be considered the most important Eastern European treaty of the interwar period. This deeply researched book offers the first post-Soviet account of how Bolshevik Russia and Poland came to sign the treaty-a pact that established the central part of the Soviet western border and provided Eastern Europe with a measure of stability that lasted until 1939. Jerzy Borzecki draws on a wealth of untapped materials in Russian and Polish archives to recreate the negotiations and behind-the-scenes maneuvers leading to and surrounding the treaty. He examines the significance of the agreement not only to its signatories but also to Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, and Latvia. The Riga peace represented an authentic compromise between Poland and Bolshevik Russia, Borzecki shows, and he offers new interpretations of other crucial aspects of the negotiations as well.
Chapter 1. Early Diplomatic Contacts
Chapter II. Failed Negotiations
Chapter III. Official Soviet Peace Offers
Chapter IV. The Minsk Negotiations
Chapter V. Preliminary Peace Negotiations: Difficulties
Chapter VI. Preliminary Peace Negotiations: Breakthrough
Chapter VII. Definitive Peace Negotiations: Difficulties
Chapter VIII. Definitive Peace Negotiations: Crisis and Breakthrough
Chapter IX. The Implementation of the Peace Treaty
Polish and Russian Pronunciation
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.12987/9780300145014 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|