Readings in Caribbean history and culture [electronic resource] : breaking ground / edited by Daive A. Dunkley.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.
1 online resource (325 p.)
- Caribbean fiction -- History and criticism.
Caribbean Area -- Civilization.
Caribbean Area -- History.
Caribbean Area -- Colonial influence.
Caribbean Area -- Intellectual life.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of eleven essays is designed to highlight some important new voices who have been doing research on the general subject areas of the history and culture of the Caribbean. The essays in this volume also address a number of themes which are critical to developing an understanding of current scholarly work on the two broad subject areas. Among the themes examined are colonialism, slavery, and the involvement of the Christian Church in both colonial rule and enslavement. The essays also analyze the pre-independence and post-independence periods of the twentieth ce
- Cover; Half Title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; List of Illustrations; Preface; Acknowledgments; Introduction; PART I; Chapter 1; Chapter 2; Chapter 3; Chapter 4; Chapter 5; Chapter 6; PART II; Chapter 7; Chapter 8; Chapter 9; Chapter 10; Chapter 11; Select Bibliography; Index; The Contributors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dunkley, Daive A., 1973-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|