The challenge of the American presidency [electronic resource] : Washington to Obama / Philip Abbott.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, 2011.
1 online resource (327 p.)
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
Presidents -- United States -- History.
Political leadership -- United States -- Case studies.
Executive power -- United States -- Case studies.
United States -- Politics and government.
- Electronic books.
- According to Niccolò Machiavelli, leaders must always be prepared for change, even in violent and dramatic forms, in order to retain some control of their fate. This incisive text applies the Machiavellian philosophy to each American president, who must learn how to adapt to these changes and/or alter them in order to excel, or even to survive, politically. This edition includes new material on the presidencies of George W. Bush and Barack Obama as well as updated bibliographical entries. The Challenge of the American Presidency will be of interest to those who teach courses
- Contents; Preface; Chapter One: Introduction; Chapter Two: The Founding Presidency; Chapter Three: The Partisan Presidency; Chapter Four: The Eclipsed Presidency; Chapter Five: The Modern Presidency; Chapter Six: The Cold War Presidency; Chapter Seven: The Post-Modern Presidency?; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|