Evaluating student learning outcomes in counselor education / written and edited by Casey A. Barrio Minton, Donna M. Gibson, Carrie A. Wachter Morris.
- Alexandria, Virginia : American Counseling Association, 2016.
1 online resource (491 p.)
- Student counselors -- Training of -- Evaluation.
- Electronic books.
- Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; Acknowledgments; About the Editors; About the Contributors; Part I: Context; Chapter 1: The SLO Movement; A Brief History; Current State of SLO Assessment; Moving Forward; Resources; Chapter 2: The Bigger Picture of Program Evaluation; A General Framework for Program Evaluation; Data Collection in Counselor Education Programs; Putting Program Evaluation Into Action; Resources; Chapter 3: Identifying Objectives and Mapping Curricula and Processes; Creating Meaningful SLOs; Mapping Curricula; Crafting the Assessment Plan; Resources
Part II: Selecting Assessments and Developing MeasuresChapter 4: Course-Based Assessments; Intentionality in CBA; CBAs in Broader Program Evaluation; Design Considerations for CBAs; Resources; Chapter 5: Field Experiences; Benefits of Field Experience Assessments; Drawbacks of Field Experience Assessments; Design Considerations for Field Experience Assessments; Resources; Chapter 6: Comprehensive Examinations; Standardized Comprehensive Examinations; Local Master's-Level Comprehensive Examinations; Doctoral-Level Comprehensive Examinations; Examples; Resources; Chapter 7: Portfolios
Benefits of PortfoliosDrawbacks to Portfolios; Design Considerations; Examples; Resources; Chapter 8: Theses and Dissertations; Benefits of Theses and Dissertations; Drawbacks of Theses and Dissertations; Design Considerations; Evaluation Considerations; Dissertation Rubric Quality Indicators; Dimensions of Dissertation Components; Resources; Chapter 9: Dispositions; Professional Counseling Dispositions; CACREP 2016 Standards Relevant to Dispositions; Best Practices; Examples; Resources; Chapter 10: Indirect Measures; Indirect Measures in Context
Indirect Measures of Focus in the CACREP 2016 StandardsDesign Considerations; Sample Alumni Survey; Sample Alumni Employment Survey; Conclusion; Resources; Chapter 11: Creating Measures; Rubrics; Observation or Rating Forms; Advanced Practicum Observation Rating Form; Process Considerations; Resources; Part III: Moving Forward; Chapter 12: Collecting and Managing Data; Elements of Data Collection and Management; AMSs; Process Considerations; AMS Characteristics; Resources; Chapter 13: Analyzing Data; Examining the Data; Sample Site Supervisor Evaluation of the Program; Alumni Survey
Analyzing DataProcess Considerations; Resources; Chapter 14: Reporting Data; Sharing Results; Counselor Education University: 2015 Systematic Program Evaluation Summary; Resources; Chapter 15: Using Data to Enhance Programs; Informing Program Curricular and Policy Modifications; Practical Steps for Using Data for Program Improvement; Resources; Chapter 16: Using Data to Support Individual Student Development; Best Practices in Student Review; Best Practices in Remediation and Gatekeeping; Resources; Chapter 17: Using Data in the SoTL; Part IV: Applications
Chapter 18: Professional Counseling Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Gibson, Donna M., author.
Wachter Morris, Carrie A., author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|