Encyclopedia of great popular song recordings / Steve Sullivan.
- [Enhanced Credo edition]
- Lanham [Maryland] : Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2013.
1 online resource (1027 p.)
- Popular music -- Discography.
Popular music -- History and criticism.
Sound recordings -- History.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The Encyclopedia of Great Popular Song Recordings covers the full range of popular music recordings with virtually unprecedented breadth and depth. In this 2-volume encyclopedia, Sullivan explores approximately 1,000 song recordings from 1889 to the present, telling the stories behind the songs, recordings, performers, and songwriters. From the Victorian parlor ballad and ragtime hit at the end of the 19th century to today's rock classics, the Encyclopedia progresses through a par
- Contents; Abbreviations; Criteria for Song Selection; Introduction; Playlist 1. Crazy Blues, 1906-2004; Playlist 2. Down Home Rag, 1897-2005; Playlist 3. Sitting on Top of the World, 1890-2011; Playlist 4. Good Rockin' Tonight, 1904-2005; Playlist 5. Jazznocracy, 1897-2010; Playlist 6. Hot Time in the Old Town, 1893-2008; Playlist 7. Fascinating Rhythm, 1891-2008; Playlist 8. Let the Good Times Roll, 1895-2011; Playlist 9. Wasn't That a Time? 1895-2006; Playlist 10. Memories of You, 1889-2012; Bibliography; Title Index; Subject & Name Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed November 3, 2013).
- Credo Reference (Firm), distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|