Alcohol and violence [electronic resource] : the nature of the relationship and the promise of prevention / Robert Nash Parker and Kevin J. McCaffree.
- Lanham, MD : Lexington Books, c2013.
1 online resource (231 p.)
- Alcoholism and crime -- United States.
Violent crimes -- United States.
Violent crimes -- United States -- Prevention.
- Electronic books.
- This book interrogates new contexts of the alcohol and violence relationship: victimization and injury, Mexican-American youth, elementary school children, advertising, and cross national comparisons. Environmental prevention strategies are deployed towards harm reduction in the alcohol and violence framework. Minimum drinking age increases, extreme and moderate reductions in availability, and direct community based efforts in enforcement and reduced consumption are successfully employed in real communities to show that it is possible to reduce alcohol related violence.
- Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Robert Nash Parker's Acknowledgments; Kevin J. McCaffree's Acknowledgments; Introduction; PartI. THE NATURE OF THERELATIONSHIP; Ch01. Alcohol and the Risk of Violent Victimization and Injury; Ch02.Alcohol Availability and Violence among Mexican American Youth; Ch03. Sexual Violence, Alcohol, and Advertising; Ch04. Alcohol, Drugs, Victimization, and Aggression; Ch05. Alcohol, Homicide, and Cultural Context; Ch06. The History, Logic, and Importance of Environmental Crime Prevention; PartII. THE PROMISE OF PREVENTION
Ch07. The Impact of Raising the Minimum Drinking Age on Youth HomicideCh08. The Impact of Banning Alcohol on Criminal Assault in Barrow, Alaska; Ch09. What Happens When Alcohol Outlet Density Decreases?; Ch10. The Unintended Consequences of Alcohol-Based Environmental Interventions on Violence; Ch11. Conclusion; References; Index; About the Authors
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- McCaffree, Kevin J., 1985-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|