Human rights and the Third World : issues and discourses / edited by Subrata Sankar Bagchi and Arnab Das.
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
1 online resource (420 p.)
- Human rights -- Developing countries.
Human rights -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Electronic books.
- Human Rights and the Third World: Issues and Discourses deals with the controversial questions on the universalistic notions of human rights. It finds Third World perspectives on human rights and seeks to open up a discursive space in the human rights discourse to address unresolved questions in human rights, citing issues and problems from different countries in the Third World.
- Universal claim and postcolonial realities : the deep unease over western-centered human rights standards in the global South / Marie-Luisa Frick
Progressive realization of the right to development in India / Clarence J. Dias
Development and environmental issues vis-à-vis current perspectives of human rights / Aniruddha Mukhopadhyay and Sayan Bhattacharya
Human rights and corruption : the case of political corruption and opposition to human rights in Indonesia / Agus Wahyudi
Human rights and indigenous self-government : the Taiwanese experience / Scott Simon and Awi Mona (Chih-Wei Tsai)
Colonial continuities, neoliberal-hegemony and adivasi (original dweller) space : human rights as paradox and equivocation in contexts of dispossession in India / Dip Kapoor
Hindutva politics : impact on human rights / Ram Puniyani
Human rights violations in India : exploring the societal roots of marginality / Debi Chatterjee
Media, cultural rights and the Third World / Pranta Pratik Patnaik
The fault lines in Soviet-style accommodation of minority rights in Ethiopia / Semahagn Gashu
Human rights and the Third World other / Subrata Sankar Bagchi
Culture and issues of rights to the eyes of the Indians with "other" self-identities of sexuality and gender / Arnab Das and Pawan Dhall
Roots and shoots of female feticide in pockets of India : lending voice to the voiceless / Tushar Kanti Saha
The rights of people living with disability in the Third World context : the Zimbabwean pentecostal concept of "curses and blessings" in the light of disability / Francis Machingura
The Indian disability rights paradigm : the reality versus rhetoric / Anuradha Saibaba Rajesh
"People's health in people's hand" : story of a voluntary organization in rural West Bengal / Satyabrata Chakrborty
Human rights and information society : problematizing India / Dipankar Sinha
Biotechnology and human rights / Subhasis Mukhopadhyay.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed November 11, 2013).
- Bagchi, Subrata Sankar, 1965-
Das, Arnab, 1963-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|