Murder stories [electronic resource] : ideological narratives in capital punishment / Paul Kaplan.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2012.
- Issues in crime & justice (Lanham, Md.)
Issues in crime & justice
1 online resource (219 p.)
- Capital punishment -- United States.
Murder -- United States.
Trials -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Murder Stories takes on the difficult question of American retention of capital punishment by investigating the elusive role of ideology in the law. As such it is a prime example of contemporary scholarship on the death penalty and law & society.
- Contents; List of Tables; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Chapter 01. Capital Punishment Conflicts, Narrativity, Hegemony, and Resistance; Chapter 02. The American Creed and American Capital Punishment; Chapter 03. Death Especially Deregulated; Chapter 04. The American Creed in Prosecutor and Defender Narratives; Chapter 05. Forgetting the Future; Chapter 06. Facts and Furies; Epilogue; References; Index; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|