The rise and fall of Triumph [electronic resource] : the history of a radical Roman Catholic magazine, 1966-1976 / Mark D. Popowski.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2012.
1 online resource (283 p.)
- Bozell, L. Brent, 1925-1997.
Triumph (Washington, D.C.)
Catholic traditionalist movement -- United States -- Periodicals -- History -- 20th century.
Conservatism -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church -- Periodicals -- History -- 20th century.
Conservatism -- United States -- Periodicals -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- This is a history of Triumph-a radical, post-Vatican II, Roman Catholic lay magazine-that examines its origins and decline, and especially the editors' often bellicose views on a range of issues, from Church affairs to the Vietnam War, from civil rights to abortion. Formed to conquer America for the Roman Catholic faith, Mark Popowski shows how Triumph's editors attempted to defend the faith against what they perceived as the imprudent and secular excesses of Vatican II reformers and an increasingly barbarous and anti-Christian
- Cover; Half Title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; TRIUMPH; ROMAN CATHOLIC RADICALS; TRIUMPH AND HISTORY; MY PERSPECTIVE; SOME NOTES ON UNDERSTANDING TRIUMPH; Chapter 1 Origins of Triumph, Part I; L. BRENT BOZELL AND FREDERICK D. WILHELMSEN; POST-WORLD WAR II CONSERVATIVE INTELLECTUAL REVIVAL; DISAFFECTION WITH AMERICAN CONSERVATISM; Chapter 2 Origins of Triumph, Part II; LIBERAL CATHOLICS AND THE SECOND VATICANCOUNCIL; SPAIN AND CARLISM; FOUNDING; Chapter 3 Church Affairs; VATICAN COUNCIL II; ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE UNITED STATES
PROTESTANTS AND JEWSPAULINE MASS; PRIESTS AND NUNS; Chapter 4 Sovereignty of Christ-Or Chaos, Part I; SECULAR LIBERALISM; CONSERVATISM; CONFESSIONAL TRIBE; CONFESSIONAL STATE; Chapter 5 Sovereignty of Christ-Or Chaos, Part II; POLITICS; ECONOMICS; RACIAL STRIFE; EDUCATION; Chapter 6 To Make Christendom; COLD WAR; VIETNAM; NUCLEAR WEAPONS; SOLUTION; MIRRORS OF CHRISTENDOM; GLOBAL SOUTH; Chapter 7 Redeemed to His Likeness; FEMINISM; CONTRACEPTION; ABORTION; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-247) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|