Complementary, alternative, and integrative health : a multicultural perspective / edited by Helda Pinzon-Perez and Miguel A. Pérez.
- First edition.
- San Francisco, California : Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Brand, 2016.
1 online resource (387 pages)
- Alternative medicine.
Integrated delivery of health care.
- Electronic books.
- "A cross-cultural scientific examination of common complementary, alternative, and integrative health practices Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Health: A Multicultural Perspective provides a critical analysis of non-allopathic healing practices, including their uses, limitations, and scientific basis. The evidence-based discussion explores complementary, alternative, and integrative health (CAIH) across various cultural and ethnic groups both in the U.S. and internationally, to give you a greater understanding of the different modalities--including a literature-backed examination of proven methods and questionable practices within a cross-cultural framework. Each chapter highlights the scientific analysis of the practices relevant to each group, and guides you toward independent analysis of the risks and benefits of the practices discussed. Emphasizing the student as a future health professional, this book includes case studies, examples, questions, and discussion problems that underscore the role of health educators in educating consumers about CAIH practices. . This book provides a solid background in CAIH for the health professional, through rigorous scientific investigation and a multicultural perspective and. helps medical professionals understand the risks, benefits, and evidence behind these practices so they can provide the best in patient care. Readers will: Understand the concepts underlying complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine Compare the use of alternative healing among various cultural and ethnic groups Delve into the scientific bases of the most commonly-used modalities Explore CAIH within the context of the Affordable Care Act"--Provided by publisher.
- Exploring complementary, alternative, and integrative health (CAIH) : overview, limits, and controversies / Cyndi Guerra, Cheryl Hickey, and Helda Pinzon-Perez
Mind-body medicine / Catherine L. Zeman
Natural complementary and alternative medicine modalities / Cheryl Hickey and Cyndi Guerra
Manipulative and body-based practices / Kathleen Rindahl, Helda Pinzon-Perez, and Georgina Castle.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Pinzon-Perez, Helda, editor.
Perez, Miguel A., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|