After prison : navigating employment and reintegration / Rose Ricciardelli and Adrienne M.F. Peters, editors.
- Waterloo, Ontario : Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2017.
280 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Ex-convicts -- Employment -- Canada.
Criminals -- Rehabilitation -- Canada.
Criminals -- Rehabilitation.
Ex-convicts -- Employment.
- "After Prison opens with a former prisoner's story of reintegration employment experiences. Next, relying on a combination of research interviews, quantitative data, and literature, contributors present an international comparative review of Canada's evolving criminal record legislation; the promotive features of employment; the complex constraints and stigma former prisoners encounter as they seek employment; and the individual and societal benefits of assisting former prisoners attain "gainful" employment. A main theme throughout is the interrelationship between employment and other central conditions necessary for safety and sustenance."-- From publisher's website.
"This book offers suggestions for criminal record policy amendments and new reintegration practices that would assist individuals in the search for employment. Using the evidence and research findings of practitioners and scholars in social work, criminology and law, psychology, and other related fields, the contributors concentrate on strategies that will reduce the stigma of having been in prison; foster supportive relationships between social and legal agencies and prisons and parole systems; and encourage individually tailored resources and training following release of individuals."-- From publisher's website.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ricciardelli, Rose, 1979- editor.
- Other format:
- After prison.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|