The taming of the shrew / edited by Ann Thompson.
- Third edition.
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. 1984. Cambridge University Press. Works.
The New Cambridge Shakespeare
xiii, 209 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Taming of the shrew.
Taming of the shrew (Shakespeare, William).
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Married people -- Drama.
Padua (Italy) -- Drama.
Sex role -- Drama.
Italy -- Padua.
- "This is the third New Cambridge edition of The Taming of the Shrew, one of Shakespeare's most popular yet controversial plays. Ann Thompson considers its reception in the light of the hostility and embarrassment that the play often arouses, taking account of both scholarly defences and modern feminist criticism. For this version the editor pays lively attention to the problematic nature of debates about the play and its reception in the twenty-first century. She discusses recent editions and textual, performance and critical studies." -- Publisher's description
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Thompson, Ann, 1947- editor.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|