Modern Germany in transatlantic perspective / edited by Michael Meng and Adam R. Seipp.
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2017.
vi, 312 pages ; 24 cm
- Jarausch, Konrad Hugo.
Germany -- Historiography -- 20th century.
Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- "Bringing together incisive contributions from an international group of colleagues and former students, Modern Germany in Transatlantic Perspective takes stock of the field of German history as exemplified by the extraordinary scholarly career of Konrad H. Jarausch. Through fascinating reflections on the discipline's theoretical, professional, and methodological dimensions, it explores Jarausch's monumental work as a teacher and a builder of scholarly institutions. In this way, it provides not merely a look back at the last fifty years of German history, but a path forward as new ideas and methods infuse the study of Germany's past."--Provided by publisher.
- From ruination to renewal : Konrad Jarausch's Europe / Michael Meng and Adam R. Seipp
History and theory : writing modern European histories after the linguistic turn / Thomas Pegelow Kaplan
Paths forward : in defense of the history of disciplines / J. Laurence Hare
Contextualizing the Holocaust : modernization, modernity, colonialism, and genocide / Christopher R. Browning
Gender and academic culture : women in the historical profession in Germany and the United States since 1945 / Karen Hagemann and Sarah Summers
Forms, strategies, and narratives of professionalization in Western and Eastern Europe : autonomous profession versus heteronomous professional service class? / Hannes Siegrist
A myth of unity : German unification as a challenge in contemporary history / Martin Sabrow, translated by Jane Rafferty
A "shattered" religious past : rethinking the master narratives of twentieth-century German Christianity / Benjamin Pearson and Michael E. O'Sullivan
Central, not subsidiary : migration as a master narrative in modern German history / Sarah Thomsen Vierra
Protest and participation : the transformation of democratic praxis in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1968-83 / Stephen Milder
Die Bratus : sketch for a minor German history / Michael Geyer
On losing one's children twice : an intimate Vergangenheitsaufarbeitung / Elizabeth Heineman.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Meng, Michael, editor.
Seipp, Adam R., editor.
Jarausch, Konrad Hugo, honoree.
- Other format:
- Online version: Modern Germany in transatlantic perspective.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|