The sultan and the saint / Unity Productions Foundation presents ; written & directed by Alex Kronemer ; produced by Jeremy Morrison.
- Widescreen version.
- [Arlington, Virginia] : PBS, 
1 videodisc (56 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226.
Malik al-Kāmil Muḥammad, Sultan of Egypt and Syria, 1180?-1238.
Crusades -- Fifth, 1218-1221.
Missions to Muslims -- Egypt.
Religious tolerance -- History.
Egypt -- History -- 640-1250.
Egypt -- History -- Thirteenth century -- Videodiscs.
Missions to Muslims.
- Biographical films.
Documentary television programs.
Historical reenactments (Television programs)
Biographical television programs.
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH); closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1 surround.
- Eight hundred years ago, Francis of Assisi and the Sultan of Egypt met on the bloody battlefields of the Crusades. Based on new research and scholarship about that fateful meeting, the film tells one of the great, lost stories from history as two men of faith fought against a century of war and distrust in a search for mutual respect and common ground.
Call for a Crusade
Brain on fire
Two men of faith
A new Crusade
The crusaders arrive
Linked in prayer
All is lost
The Crusade ends
The 99 names of God.
- Alexander McPherson, Zack Beyer, Eric Kramer, Erik Soulliard, Samuel Muriithi, Richard el Khazen ; commentary, Emile Bruneau, Michael Calabria, Suleiman Mourad, Helen Nicholson, Paul Moses, Tarek Elgawhary, Homayra Ziad, Michael Cusato, Kathleen Warren.
Narrated by Jeremy Irons.
- Director of photography, Nick Gardner; editor, Jeremy Morrison; music, John Keltonic.
- Videodisc released of the motion picture produced in 2016.
Special features: behind the scenes; Jesus in the Islamic tradition; medieval humanism in Islamic history; new historical perspectives on the Crusades; respect for religious minorities in Islam; the Prophet Muhammad on peace and diplomacy; rise of the Franciscan movement; role of religion in conflict transformation; social psychology of inter-group conflict; world premiere.
- Kronemer, Alexander, film director, screenwriter.
Morrison, Jeremy, film producer.
Irons, Jeremy, 1948- narrator.
McPherson, Alexander (Actor), actor.
Beyer, Zack, 1985- actor.
Kramer, Eric (Actor), actor.
Soulliard, Erik, actor.
Muriithi, Samuel, actor.
Khazen, Richard, actor.
Unity Productions Foundation, production company.
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|