La poison / une production Gaumont et Paul Wagner ; un film de Sacha Guitry ; le dialogue et la mise en scène sont de l'auteur, bien entendu.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 891.
Criterion collection ; 891
2 videodiscs (87 min.) : DVD video, sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (20 p. : black and white illustrations ; 19 cm)
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Murder -- France -- Drama.
Married people -- France -- Drama.
Defense (Criminal procedure) -- France -- Drama.
Defense (Criminal procedure)
- Feature films -- France.
Foreign language films -- French.
Dark comedy films.
Dark comedy films.
Motion pictures, French.
- In French; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; fulls creen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical mono
video file DVD video region 1
- "The writer, actor, and director Sacha Guitry emerged from the theater to become one of France's best-known and most inventive filmmakers, and La poison marked his first major collaboration with another titan of the screen, the incomparably expressive Michel Simon. With Guitry's witty dialogue and fleet pacing, this black comedy is the quintessential depiction of a marriage gone sour: after thirty years together, a village gardener (Simon) and his wife (Germaine Reuver) find themselves contemplating how to do away with each other, with the former even planning how he'll negotiate his eventual prison trial. Inspired by Guitry's own post-World War II tangle with the law--a wrongful charge of collaborationism--La poison is a blithely caustic broadside against the French legal system and a society all too eager to capitalize on the misfortunes of others"--Container.
- Michel Simon, Germaine Reuver, Jean Debucourt, Pauline Carton, Jacques Varennes, Jeanne Fusier-Gir, Jean Duvaleix, Georges Bever.
- Music and songs, Louiguy; director of photography, Jean Bachelet; editor, Raymond Lamy.
- Title from title frame.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1951.
Special features: new high-definition digital restoration; new interview with filmmaker Olivier Assayas on director Sacha Guitry's influence on French cinema; On Life On-screen: Miseries and Splendour of a Monarch, a sixty-minute documentary from 2010 on the collaboration of Guitry and Michel Simon; new English subtitle translation; plus an essay by film scholar Ginette Vincendeau and a tribute to Guitry by filmmaker François Truffaut.
- Guitry, Sacha, 1885-1957, film director, screenwriter.
Wagner, Paul (Film producer), film producer.
Bachelet, Jean, 1894-1977, director of photography.
Guy, Louis, 1916-1991, composer (expression)
Lamy, Raymond, editor of moving image work.
Simon, Michel, 1895-1975, actor.
Reuver, Germaine, 1885-1953, actor.
Debucourt, Jean, 1894-1958, actor.
Carton, Pauline, 1884-1974, actor.
Varennes, Jacques, 1894-1958, actor.
Duvaleix, Jean Albert, 1893-1962, actor.
Bever, Georges, 1884-1973, actor.
Gaumont (Firm), production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
CC2796DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|