0,9 Ampere [electronic resource] / una produzione Filmcome14 ; regia, Giotto Barbieri = written and directed by Giotto Barbieri.
- Other Title:
- 09 Ampere
- Paris, France : 10 Francs, 2009.
1 online resource (55 minutes)
- Electroconvulsive therapy.
- Educational films.
- In Italian with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- Electroshock, cure or torture? - The history of a medical treatment - A quick sharp shock inside the complex labyrinth of depression. ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy), also known as "electroshock", is still used today and is probably one of the most controversial therapies. Electroshock was invented by an Italian neuropsychiatrist, Ugo Cerletti, Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Rome, in the late 30s and was based on inducing convulsions on a patient through an electric current of 0.9 Ampere to the brain using electrodes attached to the head. For some people the practice should have been banned, for others it was the last resort for severe pathologies.
- Speakers, Phil Fail, Antonio Zavatteri.
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 11, 2017).
- Barbieri, Giotto, director, producer.
Fail, Phil, speaker.
Zavatteri, Antonio, 1967- speaker.
Alexander Street Press.
Filmcome14, production company.
10 Francs (Firm), distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|