Implications of genetic research for health/fitness professionals [electronic resource] / presented by James S. Skinner.
- Monterey, CA : Healthy Learning, 2014.
1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Human genetics.
Physical fitness -- Genetic aspects.
- Educational films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Implications of Genetic Research for Health/Fitness Professionals discusses how genetics influence health, fitness, and physiological responses to exercise and training. The video presents an extensive review of research on the topic, including the comprehensive Heritage Family Study, which examines genetics and non-genetic (e.g., lifestyle) variables and their concomitant effects on physical activity, fitness, and health. The video also addresses the implications of this information for health and fitness professionals, particularly the ability to better understand expected outcomes of exercise when applied to weight loss, health, and fitness levels.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 25, 2017).
- Skinner, James S., 1936- speaker.
Alexander Street Press.
Healthy Learning Videos, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|