The Oxford handbook of aphasia and language disorders [electronic resource] / edited by Anastasia M. Raymer and Leslie J. Gonzalez Rothi.
- Other Title:
- Aphasia and language disorders
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2015-2018.
- Oxford library of psychology.
Oxford handbooks online.
Oxford handbooks in psychology.
Oxford library of psychology
Oxford handbooks online
1 online resource.
- The language and communication impairments that individuals experience following damage to the cerebral cortex vary widely, depending on the extent of involvement and location in the left or right hemisphere. Historically, numerous aphasia syndromes have been described, typically following left hemisphere damage, each with unique characteristics. Other subtle aspects of communication are disrupted in right hemisphere disorders as well. Clinicians who work with individuals with communication disorders recognize patterns of symptoms, administer appropriate assessments, and develop interventions to address the language and communication impairments. Recognized authors from around the world review the extensive literature on the varied aphasia syndromes, acquired dyslexia and dysgraphia, and right hemisphere communication disorders.
- Aphasia Syndromes and Information Processing Models: A Historical Perspective / Kenneth M. Heilman
Mixed Transcortical Aphasia / Annette Baumgaertner
Transcortical Motor Aphasia / Bruce A. Crosson, Anastasia Ford, Anastasia M. Raymer
Acquired Alexias / Ellyn A. Riley, C. Elizabeth Brookshire, Diane L. Kendall
Acquired Dysgraphias: Mechanisms of Writing / Pélagie M. Beeson, Kindle Rising
Discourse and Social Cognition Disorders Affecting Communication Abilities / Maximiliano A. Wilson, Bernadette Ska, Yves Joanette
Right Hemisphere Damage and Prosody / Susan A. Leon, Amy D. Rodriguez, John C. Rosenbek
Global Aphasia / Elizabeth E. Galletta, A. M. Barrett
Principles of Aphasia Rehabilitation / Anastasia M. Raymer, Leslie J. Gonzalez Rothi
Aphasia Syndromes: Introduction and Value in Clinical Practice / Anastasia M. Raymer, Leslie J. Gonzalez Rothi
Aphasia Assessment / Janet P. Patterson
Recovery of Aphasia (including biological markers of aphasia recovery) / Marcus Meinzer, Lena Ulm, Robert Lindenberg
Wernicke's Aphasia: Auditory Processing and Comprehension / Margaret L. Greenwald
Semantic Processing in Transcortical Sensory Aphasia / Jamie Reilly, Nadine Martin
Anomia and Anomic Aphasia: Implications for Lexical Processing / Stacy M. Harnish
Conduction Aphasia: Impaired Phonological Processing / Carolyn E. Wilshire
Broca's Aphasia and Grammatical Processing / Lynn M. Maher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on October 31, 2017).
- Raymer, Anastasia M., 1958- editor.
Gonzalez-Rothi, Leslie J., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9780199984244 (online resource) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|