Contextualizing the Holodomor : the impact of thirty years of Ukrainian famine studies / edited by Andrij Makuch and Frank E. Sysyn.
- Other Title:
- Impact of thirty years of Ukrainian famine studies
- Edmonton ; Toronto : Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press, 2015.
- Conference Name:
- Contextualizing the Holodomor: A Conference on the 80th Anniversary, (2013 : University of Toronto)
viii, 126 pages ; 23 cm
- Famine (Ukraine : 1932-1933)
Famines -- Ukraine -- Congresses.
Ukraine -- History -- Famine, 1932-1933 -- Historiography -- Congresses.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- "This book is a collection of selected papers presented at the conference "Contextualizing the Holodomor: A Conference on the 80th Anniversary" that was held at the University of Toronto on September 27-28, 2013. These papers discuss what thirty years of research on the Holodomor (the genocidal man-made famine in Ukraine of 1932-33) had meant for understanding topics such as Ukrainian history, Soviet history, genocide studies, Stalinism, and the history of the communism."-- Provided by publisher.
- Thirty years of research on the Holodomor : a balance sheet / Frank Sysyn
Towards a decentred history : the study of the Holodomor and Ukrainian historiography / Olga Andriewsky
The impact of Holodomor studies on the understanding of the USSR / Andrea Graziosi
Reflections on Stalin and the Holodomor / Françoise Thom
The Holodomor of 1932-33 : how and why? / Stanislav Kulʹchytsʹkyi
How the Holodomor can be integrated into our understanding of genocide / Norman M. Naimark.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Makuch, Andrij, 1956- editor.
Sysyn, Frank E., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|