The Routledge handbook of mobilities [electronic resource] / edited by Peter Adey ... [and others].
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2014.
- Routledge handbooks
1 online resource (xix, 601 pages) : illustrations
- Human geography.
Migration, Internal -- Social aspects.
- Electronic books.
- "This Handbook explores and critically evaluates the debates, approaches, controversies and methodologies, inherent to this rapidly expanding discipline. It brings together leading specialists from range of backgrounds and geographical regions to provide an authoritative and comprehensive overview of this field, conveying cutting edge research in an accessible way whilst giving detailed grounding in the evolution of past debates on mobilities. It illustrates disciplinary trends and pathways, from migration studies and transport history to communications research, featuring methodological innovations and developments and conceptual histories - from feminist theory to tourist studies. It explores the dominant figures of mobility, from children to soldiers and the mobility impaired; the disparate materialities of mobility such as flows of water and waste to the vectors of viruses; key infrastructures such as logistics systems to the informal services of megacity slums, and the important mobility events around which our world turns; from going on vacation to the commute, to the catastrophic disruption of mobility systems. The text is forward-thinking, projecting the future of mobilities as they might be lived, transformed and studied, and possibly, brought to an end. International in focus, the book transcends disciplinary and national boundaries to explore mobilities as they are understood from different perspectives, different fields, countries and standpoints. This is an invaluable resource for all those with an interest in mobility across disciplinary boundaries and areas of study"-- Provided by publisher.
- section 1. Introduction : genealogies, philosophies, approaches
section 2. Introduction : qualities
section 3. Introduction : spaces, systems, infrastructures
section 4. Introduction : materialities
section 5. Introduction : subjects
section 6. Introduction : events
section 7. Introduction : methodologies.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Adey, Peter.
- 9781315857572 (e-book : PDF)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|