Yukinojō henge = An actor's revenge / a Daiei Production ; produced by Masaichi Nagata ; developed by Kon Ichikawa, Hiroaki Fujii and Tomio Takamori ; adapted by Daisuke Ito and Teinosuke Kinogasa ; screenplay by Natto Wada ; directed by Kon Ichikawa.
- Other Title:
- Actor's revenge
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 912.
The Criterion collection ; 912
1 videodisc (113 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (28 pages : color illustrations ; 19 cm.)
4 3/4 in.
- Mikami, Otokichi, 1891-1944 -- Film adaptations.
Actors -- Japan -- Drama.
Parents -- Death -- Drama.
Revenge -- Drama.
Parents -- Death.
- Feature films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Show business films.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- In Japanese; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.39:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- Yukinojo, a Kabuki actor, seeks revenge by destroying the three men who caused the deaths of his parents. Also involved are the daughter of one of Yukinojo's targets, two master thieves, and a swordsman who himself is out to kill Yukinojo.
- Kazuo Hasegawa, Fujiko Yamamoto, Ayako Wakao.
Narrated by Musei Tokugawa.
- Cinematographer, Setsuo Kobayashi; editor, Shigeo Nishida; music, Yasushi Akutagawa, Masao Yagi.
- Title from title frames; production credits from English language elements of opening frames.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1963.
Special features: 1999 Directors Guild of Japan interview with director Kon Ichikawa, conducted by critic and filmmaker Yuki Mori; new interview with critic, filmmaker, and festival programmer Tony Rayns; plus, an essay by critic Michael Sragow (in booklet).
- Ichikawa, Kon, 1915-2008, film director, film producer.
Nagata, Masaichi, 1905-1985, film producer.
Fujii, Hiroaki, 1927-2014, film producer.
Takamori, Tomio, film producer.
Ito, Daisuke, 1898-1981, screenwriter.
Kinogasa, Teinosuke, screenwriter.
Wada, Natsuto, 1920-1983, screenwriter.
Hasegawa, Kazuo, 1908-1984, actor.
Yamamoto, Fujiko, 1931- actor.
Wakao, Ayako, 1933- actor.
Mikami, Otokichi, 1891-1944, author.
Tokugawa, Musei, narrator.
Akutagawa, Yasushi, 1925-1989, composer (expression)
Yagi, Masao, composer (expression)
Daiei Kabushiki Kaisha (1945-1971), film production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2858DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|