Philosophy and computing : essays in epistemology, philosophy of mind, logic, and ethics / Thomas M. Powers, editor.
- Other Title:
- Essays in epistemology, philosophy of mind, logic, and ethics
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Conference Name:
- CEPE-IACAP (Conference) (2015 : University of Delaware), author.
- Philosophical studies series; v. 128.
Philosophical studies series ; volume 128
vi, 242 pages ; 24 cm.
- Computer science -- Philosophy -- Congresses.
Knowledge, Theory of -- Congresses.
Philosophy of mind -- Congresses.
Logic -- Congresses.
Ethics -- Congresses.
Computer science -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Congresses.
Information technology -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Congresses.
Philosophy -- Data processing -- Congresses.
Computer science -- Philosophy.
Knowledge, Theory of.
- "This book features papers from CEPE-IACAP 2015, a joint international conference focused on the philosophy of computing. Inside, readers will discover essays that explore current issues in epistemology, philosophy of mind, logic, and philosophy of science from the lens of computation. Coverage also examines applied issues related to ethical, social, and political interest. The contributors first explore how computation has changed philosophical inquiry. Computers are now capable of joining humans in exploring foundational issues. Thus, we can ponder machine-generated explanation, thought, agency, and other quite fascinating concepts. The papers are also concerned with normative aspects of the computer and information technology revolution. They examine technology-specific analyses of key challenges, from Big Data to autonomous robots to expert systems for infrastructure control and financial services"--Publisher's description.
- "This volume consists of selected papers from the 2015 joint international conference--the first-ever meeting of the Computer Ethics-Philosophical Enquiry conference series of the International Society for Ethics and Information Technology, and the International Association for Computing and Philosophy--held at the University of Delaware from June 22-25 of 2015"--Page 1.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Powers, Thomas M., 1965- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|