Aristotle's political philosophy in its historical contexts : a new translation and commentary on Politics books 5 and 6 / Andrew Lintott.
- London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
x, 219 pages ; 25 cm
- Aristotle. Politics -- Book 5-6.
- English text, with translation from the Ancient Greek.
- This book offers new translations of Aristotle’s Politics 5 and 6, accompanied by an introduction and commentary, targeted at historians and those who like to read political science in the context in which it was produced. Philosophical analysis remains essential and there is no intention to detract from the books as political theory, but the focus of this volume is the text as a crucial element in the discourse of fourth-century Greece, and the conflict throughout the Greek world between democracy, oligarchy, and the rise of the Macedonian monarchy. -- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 197-204) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|