Baltimore rising / HBO Documentary Films presents ; a Blowback Production ; in association with La Medicina Productions and Spartan Productions and Hemingway/Taylor ; directed by Sonja Sohn ; produced by Nathan Mook, Karl Hollandt.
- New York, NY : Films Media Group, 2018.
1 videodisc (92 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Black lives matter movement -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
Baltimore riots, Baltimore, Maryland, 2015.
Trials (Police misconduct) -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
Baltimore (Md.) -- Social conditions.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD-R video region 1
- "In the wake of the 2015 death of Freddie Gray while in police custody, Baltimore was a city on the edge. Peaceful protests and destructive riots erupted in the immediate aftermath of Gray's death, reflecting the deep divisions between authorities and the community--and underscoring the urgent need for reconciliation. ... [This] film chronicles the determined efforts of people on all sides who fight for justice and a better city, sometimes coming together in unexpected ways and discovering a common humanity."--Container.
- Director of photography, Cliff Charles; editor, Ashwin S. Gandbhir; music, Dantae Winslow.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2016.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Frances Baylinson Rosenbluth Fund.
- Sohn, Sonja, film director, film producer.
Mook, Nathan, film producer.
Hollandt, Karl, film producer.
Winslow, Dantae, composer (expression).
HBO Documentary Films, film production company.
Blowback Productions, film production company.
Films Media Group, publisher.
Frances Baylinson Rosenbluth Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 145184-K Films Media Group
145184 Films Media Group
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|