The silence of the lambs / an Orion Pictures release ; a Strong Heart/Demme production ; screenplay by Ted Tally ; produced by Edward Saxon, Kenneth Utt, Ron Bozman ; directed by Jonathan Demme.
- Standardized Title:
- Silence of the lambs (Motion picture)
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 13.
The Criterion collection ; 13
2 videodiscs (118 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in + 1 booklet (12 unnumbered and folded pages : color illustrations ; 18 cm)
4 3/4 in.
- Lecter, Hannibal (Fictitious character), 1933- -- Drama.
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Drama.
Psychopaths -- United States -- Drama.
Serial murderers -- United States -- Drama.
Murder -- Investigation -- United States -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- United States -- Drama.
Harris, Thomas, 1940- -- Film adaptations.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Detective and mystery films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 surround; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
5.1 Dolby Digital 2.0 Dolby Digital
- "In this chilling adaptation of the best-selling novel by Thomas Harris, the astonishingly versatile director Jonathan Demme crafted a taut psychological thriller about an American obsession: serial murder. As Clarice Sterling, an FBI trainee who enlists the help of the infamous Hannibal "the Cannibal" Lecter to gain insight into the mind of another killer, Jodie Foster subverts classic gender dynamics and gives one of the most memorable performances of her career. As her foil, Anthony Hopkins is the archetypal antihero--cultured, quick-witted, and savagely murderous--delivering a harrowing portrait of humanity gone terribly wrong. A gripping police procedural and a disquieting immersion into a twisted psyche, The Silence of the Lambs swept the Academy Awards (best picture, director, screenplay, actress, actor) and remains a cultural touchstone"--Container.
- Disc one. [Feature film + special features]
disc two. [Special features].
- Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, Ted Levine, Anthony Heald, Brooke Smith, Diane Baker, Kasi Lemmons, Charles Napier, Tracey Walter, Roger Corman, Ron Vawter, Danny Darst, Frankie Faison.
- Director of photography, Tak Fujimoto; editor, Craig McKay; music, Howard Shore.
- Based on The silence of the lambs / by Thomas Harris.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1991.
Special features: New 4K digital restoration, approved by director of photography Tak Fujimoto; alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack; on disc one: Audio commentary from 1994 featuring director Jonathan Demme, actors Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins, screenwriter Ted Tally, and former FBI agent John Douglas; New interview with critic Maitland McDonagh; Thirty-eight minutes of deleted scenes; Trailer; on disc two: Interview from 2005 with Demme and Foster; Four documentaries featuring hours of interviews with cast and crew; Behind-the-scenes featurette; Storyboards; Plus a book featuring an introduction by Foster, an essay by critic Amy Taubin, pieces from 2000 and 2013 by author Thomas Harris on the origins of the character Hannibal Lecter, and a 1991 interview with Demme.
Academy Awards: Best Picture; Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins; Best Actress: Jodie Foster; Best Director: Jonathan Demme.
- Demme, Jonathan, 1944-2017, film director.
Saxon, Edward, film producer.
Utt, Kenneth, 1921-1994, film producer.
Bozman, Ron (Ronald M.), film producer.
Tally, Ted, screenwriter.
Foster, Jodie, actor.
Hopkins, Anthony, 1937- actor.
Glenn, Scott, 1942- actor.
Levine, Ted, actor.
Heald, Anthony, actor.
Smith, Brooke, 1967- actor.
Baker, Diane, 1938- actor.
Lemmons, Kasi, actor.
Napier, Charles, 1936-2011, actor.
Walter, Tracey, 1942- actor.
Corman, Roger, 1926- actor.
Vawter, Ron, actor.
Fujimoto, Tak, director of photography.
Shore, Howard, composer (expression)
McKay, Craig, editor of moving image work.
Strong Heart/Demme Production (Firm), production company.
Orion Pictures, film distributor.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2854D The Criterion Collection
CC2854DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|