Archetypal narratives : pattern and parable in the lives of three saints / Elizabeth M.G. Krajewski.
- Turnhout, Belgium : Brepols, .
- Studia traditionis theologiae ; 27.
Studia Traditionis Theologiae (STT) ; 27
xii, 246 pages ; 24 cm.
- Brigid, of Ireland, Saint, approximately 453-approximately 524.
Samson, Saint, Bishop of Dol, -565.
Cuthbert, Saint, Bishop of Lindisfarne, approximately 635-687.
- This book sets three saints' lives in their specifically Christian and biblical context, recognizing that much of the anecdotal material in the narratives is modelled on biblical precedents, and that their authors and first audiences were Christian monastics in regions that were in the process of becoming Christianized.
- The problem of hagiography
Kildare and the Kingdom of God: Cogitosus's Life of Brigit
The saint and the serpent: Vita Samsonis I
Cuthbert the Bridge-builder: The Anonymous Vita Cuthberti
The promise of hermeneutics.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-237) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|