Southern slaves in free state courts [electronic resource] : the pamphlet literature / edited with an introduction by Paul Finkelman.
- Clark, New Jersey : Lawbook Exchange, Ltd., 2007.
- [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Slavery, race, and the American legal system, 1700-1872 ; ser. 1.
Slavery in America and the world: history, culture & law.
HeinOnline slavery in America and the world: history, culture & law
1 online resource (3 volumes).
- Slavery -- United States -- Legal status of slaves in free states -- Cases.
Slavery -- Law and legislation -- United States -- Cases.
Slavery -- Law and legislation -- England -- Cases.
United States -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- Electronic books.
- Volume 1. An argument in the case of James Sommersett a Negro, lately determined by the Court of King's Bench: wherein it is attempted to demonstrate the present unlawfulness of domestic slavery in England, to which is prefixed a state of the case (Courtesy of the Library of Congress) / Francis Hargrave
Candid reflections upon the judgement lately awarded by the Court of King's Bench, in Westminster-Hall, on what is commonly called the Negro cause, by a planter (Courtesy of the Library of Congress) / Edward Long
Britannia Libera, or a defence of the free state of man in England, against the claim of any man there as a slave (Courtesy of Historical Society of Pennsylvania)
Considerations on the Negro cause commonly so called, addressed to the right Honorable Lord Mansfield (Courtesy of Yale University Library) / Samuel Estwick
A letter to Philo Africanus, upon slavery, in answer to his of the 22nd of November, in the General Evening Post, together with the opinions of Sir John Strange, and other eminent lawyers upon this subject, with the sentence of Lord Mansfield, in the case of Somerset and Knowles, 1772, with his Lordship's explanation of that opinion in 1786 (Courtesy of the Library of Congress)
The judgment of the Right Hon. Lord Stowell, respecting the slavery of the mongrel woman, Grace, on an appeal from the Vice-admiralty Court of Antigua. Michaelmas term, 1822 (Courtesy of New York State Library) / John Haggard
Considerations on certain remarks on the Negro slavery and abolition questions, in Lord Stowell's judgment in the case of the Slave "Grace" / by a Briton (Courtesy of the Library Company of Philadelphia)
Case of the slave-child med. Report of the arguments of counsel and of the opinion of the Court, in the case of Commonwealth vs. Ayes, tried and determined in the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts (Courtesy of the Library of Congress)
- "Series I."
Originally published: New York : Garland Publishing, 1988. (Slavery, race, and the American legal system, 1700-1872 ; ser. 1)
Includes bibliographical references
©2017 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
Description based on PDF title page, viewed February 7, 2017
- Finkelman, Paul, 1949- editor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|