Captives & cousins [electronic resource] : slavery, kinship, and community in the Southwest borderlands / James F. Brooks.
- Other Title:
- Captives and cousins
Slavery, kinship, and community in the Southwest borderlands
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- [Getzville, N.Y.] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- American Indian law collection.
UNC Press law publications.
Slavery in America and the world: history, culture & law.
HeinOnline American Indian law collection
HeinOnline UNC Press law publications
HeinOnline slavery in America and the world: history, culture & law
1 online resource (419 pages) : illustrations, maps.
- Spaniards -- Southwest, New -- Social conditions.
Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Social conditions.
Spaniards -- Kinship -- Southwest, New -- History.
Indians of North America -- Kinship -- Southwest, New -- History.
Slavery -- Southwest, New -- History.
Sex role -- Southwest, New -- History.
Culture conflict -- Southwest, New -- History.
Southwest, New -- Ethnic relations.
Southwest, New -- Social conditions.
Southwest, New -- Colonization -- Social aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Violence, exchange, and the honor of men
Llaneros : creating a Plains borderland
Pastores : creating a pastoral borderland
Montaneses : traversing borderlands
Elaborating the Plains borderlands
Commerce, kinship, and coercion
Peaks and valleys : the borderlands speak
Closer and closer apart
Epilogue : Refugio Gurriola Martinez
Glossary of Spanish and Native American terms
Appendix A : Navajo livestock and captive raids, 1780-1864
Appendix B : New Mexican livestock and captive raids, 1780-1864
Appendix C : New Mexican peonage and slavery hearings, 1868
- "Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia."
Includes bibliographical references and index
©2017 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
Description based on PDF title page, viewed March 6, 2017
- Omohundro Institute of Early American History & Culture, sponsoring body.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|