The case of impotency debated, in the late famous tryal at Paris [electronic resource] : between the marquis de Gesvres and his lady, Mademoiselle de Mascramy : who after three years of marriage, commenced a suit against him for impotency : containing, I. The pleading at large on both sides. II. The reports of the king's physicians and surgeons appointed to searth the parties. III. A collection of the most authentick parallel cases upon this head, both ancient and modern, confirmed by the authority of papal decrees, councils, fathers, the judgments of the best canonists, civilians, and common lawyers.
- Standardized Title:
- Recueil general des pieces contenues au procez de Monsieur le marquis de Gesvres & de Mademoiselle de Mascranni, son epouse. English
- Other Title:
- Title of Volume 2: Second and last part of the case of impotency, &c. debated
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for E. Curll, 1715.
- [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- World trials library.
HeinOnline world trials
1 online resource (2 volumes).
- Gesvres, François-Joachim-Bernard Potier, duc de, 1692-1757 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Gesvres, Marie Madeleine Emilie Potier, marquise de, -1717 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Castlehaven, Mervyn Touchet, Earl of, 1592?-1631 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Norfolk, Henry Howard, Duke of, 1655-1701 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Trials (Divorce) -- France -- Paris -- Early works to 1800.
Trials (Divorce) -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Trials (Rape) -- England.
Trials (Sodomy) -- England.
Marriage -- Annulment -- France -- Early works to 1800.
Impotence (Canon law) -- Early works to 1800.
- Trial and arbitral proceedings.
- Translation of Recueil general des pieces contenues au procez de Monsieur le marquis de Gesvres & de Mademoiselle de Mascranni, son epouse
Volume 2 contains trials selected by an anonymous editor to supplement Abbot's The case of impotency: I. The tryal of Mervin Lord Audley, Earl of Castlehaven, for sodomy, and a rape, anno 1631. II. The proceedings upon the bill of divorce, between his Grace Henry Duke of Norfolke, and the Lady Mary Mordant, before the House of Lords, anno 1699
©2017 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
Description based on PDF title page, viewed April 22, 2017
- Gesvres, François-Joachim-Bernard Potier, duc de, 1692-1757, defendant.
Castlehaven, Mervyn Touchet, Earl of, 1592?-1631, defendant.
Norfolk, Henry Howard, Duke of, 1655-1701, defendant.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|