Brian O'Doherty / Patrick Ireland : word, image and institutional critique / Christa-Maria Lerm Hayes (editor) ; with essays by Alexander Alberro [and thirteen others].
- Amsterdam : Valiz, 2017.
- Vis-à-vis (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
299 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- O'Doherty, Brian -- Criticism and interpretation.
Ireland, Patrick -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- This volume assembles different perspectives on Brian O'Doherty's/Patrick Ireland's seminal work: his visual art practice, art criticism, institutional leadership and critique, media work and literary writing. The contributing authors provide fresh perspectives on his versatile oeuvre. O'Doherty's role in and for conceptual art and minimalism in New York is as much a theme as his seminal critique of the Modernist white cube gallery (also expressed in his influential book 'Inside the White Cube: Ideologies of the Gallery Space', 1976), his art-historical ventures and Irish origins.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lerm-Hayes, Christa-Maria, editor.
Alberro, Alexander, contributor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|