Rethinking Holocaust justice [electronic resource] : essays across disciplines / edited by Norman J.W. Goda.
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2018.
1 online resource (xvi, 336 pages)
- War crime trials -- Europe -- History -- 20th century.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Influence.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Reparations.
- Electronic books.
- Before the law : the poetics of justice in Eichmann in Jerusalem / Eric Kligerman
Criminal trials as rituals of purification / Katharina von Kellenbach
What kind of narrative is legal testimony? : Terezín witnesses before Czechoslovak, Austrian, and German curts / Anna Hájková
A morality of evil : Nazi ethics and the defense strategies of German perpetrators / Kerstin von Lingen
The "second wave" of Soviet justice : the 1960s war crimes trials / Alexander V. Prusin
"Not quite Klaus Barbie, but in that category" / Mykola Lebed
The CIA, and the airbrushing of the past / Per Anders Rudling
Convicting the cog : the Munich trial of John Demjanjuk / Lawrence Douglas
Reparations, victims, and trauma in the wake of the holocaust / Regula Ludi
Achieving a measure of justice and writing holocaust history through American restitution litigation / Michael J. Bazyler
The fortunate possessor : the case of Gustav Klimt's Beethoven frieze / Sophie Lillie
Judging from without : public pressure and postwar justice / JonDavid K. Wyneken
Rough justice and the American approach to war crimes prosecution : Dachau, Guantanamo Bay, and the Nuremberg exception / Tomaz Jardim.
- "This book of essays emerged from a set of meetings concerned with how scholars across disciplines might rethink the judicial reckoning with the Holocaust."--Acknowledgements.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on January 30, 2018).
- Goda, Norman J. W., 1961- editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Rethinking Holocaust justice.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|