When race and policy collide : contemporary immigration debates / Donathon Brown and Amardo Rodriguez.
- Other records:
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, 2014.
1 online resource (210 p.)
- Immigrants -- Government policy -- United States.
Immigrants -- United States -- Social conditions.
Emigration and immigration law -- United States.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Social aspects.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
United States -- Race relations.
- Electronic books.
- Examining actual policy to identify the facts, this book exposes how racially charged political and legal debates over immigration reform in the United States continue to inform our immigration policy.
- Introduction : the continual problems with race and public policy
1. Bilingual education and immigration reform
2. Official language laws amidst immigration reform
3. Housing ordinances and immigration policy
4. Borders and immigration policy
5. Immigration and voting rights
6. Recommendations and conclusion
Epilogue : since Shelby County v. Holder.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Rodriguez, Amardo, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|