Asian American and Pacific Islander children and mental health. Volume 1, Development and context. Volume 2, Prevention and treatment [electronic resource] / Frederick T.L. Leong ... [et al.], editors.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2011.
- Child psychology and mental health.
Child psychology and mental health
1 online resource (544 p.)
- Asian Americans -- Mental health.
Asian Americans -- Psychology.
Asian Americans -- Social conditions.
Pacific Islander Americans -- Mental health.
Pacific Islander Americans -- Psychology.
Pacific Islander Americans -- Social conditions.
- Electronic books.
- There are some three million Asian American children under age 18 living in the United States today. Hailing from 29 subgroups that differ in language, religion, and customs, they can be one of the most challenging groups to research and understand. What factors put these children at risk? Conversely, what fuels those who persist and succeed?
- Cover; Volume 1; Contents; Series Foreword; Preface; 1. Asians and the Immigrant Paradox; 2. Immigration, Ecological Contexts, and Asian American Children's Mental Health; 3. Acculturative Family Distancing; 4. Acculturation and Adjustment in Asian American Children and Families; 5. Emotion Development in Asian American Youth and Children; 6. Temperament, Self-Regulation, and School Adjustment in Asian American Children; 7. Academic and Educational Achievement among Asian American Children and Youth; 8. Ethnic Identity of Asian American Youth: Process, Context, and Outcomes
9. Hostile Hallways: Asian American Adolescents' Experiences of Peer Discrimination in School10. Racial Discrimination and Mental Health among Asian American Youth; Index; About the Editors and Contributors; Volume 2; Contents; Series Foreword; Preface; 1. Asian American Youth's Depression and Anxiety in Cultural Context; 2. Risk Factors for Problem Behaviors and Conduct Disorders Among Asian American Children and Youth; 3. Suicide Among Asian and Pacific Islander American Youth; 4. Substance Use and Abuse Among Asian American and Pacific Islander Youth in the United States
5. Stress and Coping Among Asian American Pacific Islander and Native Hawaiian Children and Youth: An Asset Approach6. Mental Health and Adjustment of Asian American Adoptees; 7. Family Socialization in the Development of Asian American Child Psychopathology and Psychological Well-Being; 8. Directions in Understanding, Preventing, and Treating Disruptions in Parenting and Child Behavior Problems in Asian American Families; 9. Mental Health Services for Asian American Youth; 10. Conceptualizing and Improving Asian American Children and Youth Programs: A Setting-Level Approach; Index
About the Editors and Contributors
- Two volumes bound together.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Leon, Frederick T. L.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|