Oxford textbook of palliative social work [electronic resource] / edited by Terry Altilio, Shirley Otis-Green.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
1 online resource (847 p.)
- Palliative treatment -- Social aspects -- Textbooks.
Social work with the terminally ill -- Textbooks.
Terminal care -- Social aspects -- Textbooks.
- Electronic books.
- The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Social Work is a comprehensive, evidence-informed text that addresses the needs of professionals who provide interdisciplinary, culturally sensitive, biopsychosocial-spiritual care for patients and families living with life-threatening illness. Social workers from diverse settings will benefit from its international scope and wealth of patient and family narratives. Unique to this scholarly text is its emphasis on the collaborative nature inherent in palliative care. This definitive resource is edited by two leading palliative social work pioneers who bring to
- Cover; Contents; Foreword; Foreword; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; Contributors; Section I: Historical Context; Section II: Social Work Practice: Setting Specific; Section III: Social Work Practice: Screening, Assessment, and Intervention; Section IV: Population-Specific Practice; Section V: Collaborations in Palliative Care; Section VI: Regional Voices from a Global Perspective; Section VII: Ethics; Section VIII: Professional Issues; Epilogue: Lessons Learned along the Yellow Brick Road; Appendix: Patient Narratives; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Altilio, Terry.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|