Shut up and play the hits [electronic resource] / a Pulse Films production ; produced by Lucas Ochoa, Thomas Benski, James Murphy ; directed by Dylan Southern & Will Lovelace.
- Other Title:
- Shut up and play the hits : the very loud ending of LCD Soundsystem
Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Oscilloscope Pictures, 2012.
1 online resource (109 minutes)
- LCD Soundsystem (Musical group).
Electronic dance music.
Rock music -- 2001-2010.
- Documentary films.
Rock concert films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- On April 2nd, 2011, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM played its final show at Madison Square Garden. LCD frontman James Murphy had made the conscious decision to disband one of the most celebrated and influential bands of its generation at the peak of its popularity, ensuring that the band would go out on top with the biggest and most ambitious concert of its career. The instantly sold out, near four-hour extravaganza did just that, moving the thousands in attendance to tears of joy and grief, with New York Magazine calling the event “a marvel of pure craft” and TIME magazine lamenting “we may never dance again.” SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS is simultaneously a document of a once-in-a-lifetime performance and an intimate portrait of Murphy as he navigates both the personal and professional ramifications of his decision.
- LCD Soundsystem (James Murphy, Nancy Whang, Pat Mahoney, Al Doyle, Tyler Pope, Gavin Russom, Phil Mossman, David Scott Stone, Matt Thornley, Gunnar Bjerk, Petunia) ; Interviewer: Chuck Klosterman ; with various guest performers.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 30, 2018).
Nominated 2012 CPH:DOX, Sound & Vision Award, Dylan Southern, Will Lovelace
- Lovelace, Will, director.
Southern, Dylan, director.
Benski, Thomas (Film producer), producer.
Murphy, James, 1970- producer.
Ochoa, Lucas, producer.
Alexander Street Press.
Oscilloscope Pictures, distributor.
Pulse Films, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|