A matter of geography : a new perspective on medieval Hebrew poetry / by Uriah Kfir.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Etudes sur le judaïsme médiéval; v. 74.
Études sur le Judaïsme Médiéval ; 74
x, 184 pages : ; 24 cm.
- Hebrew poetry, Medieval -- History and criticism.
Jewish religious poetry, Hebrew -- History and criticism.
Hebrew poetry, Medieval.
Jewish religious poetry, Hebrew.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "A Matter of Geography: A New Perspective on Medieval Hebrew Poetry takes a ground-breaking approach to the relationships between centers of medieval Hebrew poetry and their implications regarding matters of poetics. It shows on the one hand how literary efforts by members of the Spanish school of secular poetry, from its zenith in the eleventh century to the thirteenth century, helped gradually shape its predominance. On the other hand, it presents thirteenth century Hebrew poets from Iraq, Egypt, Italy and Provence, and charts the different strategies of these "peripheral" authors, who had to cope with Iberian fame. The analysis, which draws on concepts from literary and cultural theories, provides close readings of many works in both the original Hebrew and, in most cases for the first time, an English translation"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Other format:
- Online version: Kfir, Uriah. Matter of geography.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|