Latrinae : Roman toilets in the northwestern provinces of the Roman Empire / edited by Stefanie Hoss.
- Oxford : Archaeopress Publishing Ltd, 
- Archaeopress Roman archaeology ; 31.
Archaeopress Roman Archaeology ; 31
ii, 151 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 30 cm.
- Toilets -- Rome -- History.
Toilets -- Europe, Western -- History -- To 1500.
- This volume presents a selection of papers and case studies first presented at a conference designed to focus on the toilets of the Northwestern provinces of the Roman Empire, taking place at Radboud University on the 1st and 2nd of May 2009. Papers demonstrate the value of scientific analysis of waste to understand the food habits and diseases of the Roman users of the toilet, while elsewhere questions on how to find the necessary expertise and financing for such investigations were raised.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Hoss, Stefanie, editor.
Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen, host institution.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|