The Ash Wednesday supper / Giordano Bruno ; a new translation of La cena de le ceneri with the Italian text annotated and introduced by Hilary Gatti.
- Toronto ; Buffalo ; London : University of Toronto Press, 2018.
- Lorenzo da Ponte Italian library.
The Lorenzo da Ponte Italian library
lxiv, 302 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Copernicus, Nicolaus, 1473-1543.
Astronomy -- Early works to 1800.
Occultism -- Early works to 1900.
- Early works.
- "Giordano Bruno wrote this dialogue in 1583. The Ash Wednesday Supper is concerned with two major themes: a cosmological theme concerning the new post Copernican astronomy and Bruno's infinitist reading of it; and the other a social/historical theme concerning the english society, both high and low, of which Bruno was a guest and with which he developed a complex and often conflictual relationship."-- Provided by publisher.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
- Gatti, Hilary, editor.
Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
- Bruno, Giordano, 1548-1600. Cena de le ceneri.
Bruno, Giordano, 1548-1600. Cena de le ceneri. English
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|