Principles and practice of surgery [electronic resource] / edited by O. James Garden, Rowan W. Parks.
- 7th edition.
- Edinburgh : Elsevier, 2018.
1 online resource (x, 568 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Surgery -- Practice.
Surgeons -- Professional ethics.
- "Principles and Practice of Surgery is the surgical companion textbook to the international medical bestseller Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine. It is a comprehensive textbook for both the surgical student and trainee, guiding the reader through key core surgical topics which are encountered throughout an integrated medical curriculum as well as in subsequent clinical practice. Although sharing the same format and style as Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine, this text is complete in itself, thus enabling the student to appreciate both the medical and surgical implications of diseases encountered in surgical wards"--Publisher's description.
- Metabolic response to injury, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock / Stuart McKechnie, Timothy Walsh
Transfusion of blood components and plasma products / Rachel H.A. Green, Marc L. Turner
Nutritional support in surgical patients / Gordon L. Carlson, Ken Fearon
Infections and antibiotics / Savita Gossain, Peter M. Hawkey
Ethics, preoperative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia / Ewen M. Harrison, Michael A. Gillies
Principles of the surgical management of cancer / Mark A. Potter
Trauma and multiple injury / Euan J. Dickson
Practical procedures and patient investigation / Damian James Mole
Postoperative care and complications / Pawanindra Lal
Evidence-based practice and professional development / Steven Anderson, Siun Walsh, Arnie D.K. Hill
The abdominal wall and hernia / Andrew de Beaux
The acute abdomen / Simon Paterson-Brown
The oesphagus, stomach and duodendum / Richard Hardwick
The liver and the biliary tract / Saxon Connor
The pancreas and spleen / C. Ross Carter, Colin McKay
The small and large intestine / Malcolm G. Dunlop
The anorectum / Farhat Din
Plastic surgery including common skin and subcutaneous lesions / Patrick Addison
The breast / J. Michael Dixon
Endocrine surgery / Sonia Wakelin
Vascular and endovascular surgery / Hanafiah Harunarashid
Cardiothoracic surgery / Robert R. Jeffrey
Urological surgery / Grant D. Stewart
Neurosurgery / Lynn Myles, Paul M. Brennan
Transplantation surgery / Lorna Marson, John Forsythe
Ear, nose and throat surgery / Janet Wilson
Orthopaedic surgery / John C. McKinley, Issaq Ahmed.
- Revised edition of: Principles and practice of surgery / edited by O. James Garden [and others]. 6th ed. 2012.
Complemented by: Davidson's principles and practice of medicine / edited by Brian R. Walker, Nicki R. Colledge, Stuart H. Ralston, Ian D. Penman. 22nd edition. 2014.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from electronic title page (Google Books, viewed March 28, 2018).
- Garden, O. James, editor.
Parks, Rowan W., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Principles and practice of surgery.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|