Nirgendwo in Afrika [electronic resource] / ein Film von Caroline Link.
- Other Title:
- Nowhere in Africa
- New York, NY : Zeitgeist, 2002.
1 online resource (142 minutes)
- Zweig, Stefanie -- Film adaptations.
Families -- Drama.
Farms -- Kenya -- Drama.
Jews -- Kenya -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Kenya -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- In German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- A love story spanning two continents, Nowhere in Africa is the extraordinary true tale of a Jewish family who flees the Nazi regime in 1938 for a remote farm in Kenya. Abandoning their once-comfortable existence in Germany, Walter Redlich, his wife Jettel (Juliane Köhler, of Aimee & Jaguar) and their five-year-old daughter Regina each deal with the harsh realities of their new life in different ways. Attorney Walter is resigned to working the farm as a caretaker; pampered Jettel resists adjustment at every turn; while the shy yet curious Regina immediately embraces the country -- learning the local language and customs, and finding a friend in Owuor, the farm's cook. As the war rages on the other side of the world, the trio's relationships to their strange environment become increasingly complicated as Jettel grows more self-assured and Walter more haunted by the life they left behind. As they eventually learn to cherish their life in Africa, they also endeavor to find a way back to each other. Winner of the 2002 Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, as well as five 2002 German Film Awards (Golden Lolas), including best film, director and cinematography, Nowhere in Africa was written and directed by Caroline Link and is based on the best-selling autobiographical novel by Stefanie Zweig.
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 01, 2016).
- Link, Caroline, 1964- director.
Alexander Street Press.
MTM Medien & Television München, production company.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|